måndag 17 november 2008

Book tag

So I got nominated to do this book tag thing by the lovely belle lumiére.

Here are the rules for the Book Tag:
1. Grab the nearest book to you (not the most intellectual or your favorite. From where you're sitting, get the nearest one!).
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Post the text of the first two-five sentences.
4. Tag five people to do the same.

1. The closest book to me was The Cultural Politics of Emotion by Sara Ahmed. Course literature from my film studies last year, yay fun. Haha. It came in handy for my thesis though, now I'm thinking of selling it to someone in more need of it.

2/3. Page 56: "As Zillah Eisenstein argues, attending to hate allows us to show how racism involves psychic and bodily investments (Eisenstein 1994: 5-22). For some, this is the risk of hate crime legislation: it can attribute power to psychology, or transform power into psychology. David Theo Goldberg, for example, argues that the use of hate turns racist expression into a psychological disposition (Goldberg 1995: 269)."

4. Probably doesn't make any sence and it's a bit heavy for an extraction but it's an interesting book.

I tag everyone in my Favorites who hasn't done it yet.

1 kommentar:

Belowen sa...

Yaaay you did my tag! Can't wait for you to come home! <33